20 Mar 5 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT BIG FISH RESTAURANT GROUP
1. Our restaurant group is growing in Spring 2019 to 17 locations! We’re so excited to announce that Sazio, coastal Italian seafood kitchen, and Obie’s By the Sea, beach bar and restaurant, will open in downtown Rehoboth this spring! We’re also bringing BarRoja, a Southern California taco concept, and Torbert Street Social, speakeasy tavern and outdoor patio, to Wilmington this upcoming season. Be sure to come check out all our new digs and try the tasty eats and drinks unique to each location!
2. Big Fish Restaurant Group has its very own commissary and bakery on site at Big Fish Grill Rehoboth. We use the freshest ingredients to prepare the mouth-watering sauces, crab cakes, delicious desserts, and so many more menu items you love here, and then deliver them to each of our locations. In 2018, our commissary produced 156,000 crab cakes, each handmade and individually weighed by two of our favorite gals, Arminda and Janet. (We know you all enjoy our crab cakes, but WOAH!) In addition to baking desserts for each of our restaurants, Big Fish Premium Bakery offers custom birthday and wedding cakes, artisan bread, bite-size dessert tables and much more, perfect for your next event.
Congratulations to our talented pastry chef, Rhiannon, on winning first place at this year’s Rehoboth Beach Chocolate Festival for her Mexican mocha ice cream and salted caramel devil’s food cake!
3. We also own and operate Big Fish Wholesale Seafood Company, established in 2009, where the highest quality fish, shellfish and crabmeat are sourced to not only our restaurants, but so many others! We purchase seafood from some of the very best places around the globe, most frequently Miami and Boston, and have it delivered straight to our door 7 days a week. All orders are then custom-packaged and distributed to over 100 restaurants from Dover, DE all the way to West Ocean City, MD. If you’ve eaten at Agave, Striper Bites, Michy’s, Henlopen City Oyster House, The Cultured Pearl, Liquid Assets, One Coastal or Seacrets, then you’ve most likely enjoyed seafood from Big Fish Wholesale! And these are just a few of our local customers.
4. Big Fish Events has been taking the Big Fish experience on the road since 2011! Enjoy our award-winning cuisine and exceptional service at your venue, for anything from cocktail parties and wedding receptions to BBQ’s, clam bakes and crab feasts. If you have a reason to party, we’ll be there!
In addition to providing full-service catering, staffing and/or event management services, we are also an ABCC licensed off-premise caterer and can provide bar service and signature drinks for your event. We offer custom menu planning to include your very own choices from beach fare, comfort food classics, farm to table, or upscale cuisine.
5. Market Craft is Big Fish Restaurant Group’s corporate lunch catering sector, delivering to offices from Dover, DE to Salisbury, MD. Market Craft offers affordable, healthy lunches costed out per person that are great for business meetings or professional events throughout the day. Our most popular options are the Sizzlin’ Fajita Bar, Slammin’ Stir Fry Bar and ever-famous boxed lunches, which we can deliver and set up for you right in the conference room of your corporate location! Every lunch order includes all paper products, iced tea and lemonade, and cookies or brownies, making it super easy for busy professionals to get the fuel they need while working.
Stay tuned for our next blog post on Why Working for Us Rocks!